- Duhallow Organic Dexter beef is from a local, healthy, happy herd of pedigree Dexter cattle that graze freely on our organic grasslands.
Our speciality is Dexter Organic Beef which is grass fed, slow grown and matured for up to 30 days. It is then carefully cut to perfection by local craft butchers. It is available fresh or frozen.
All our meat and eggs are produced to the highest animal welfare standards. We are audited for Organic compliance by the Irish Organic Association - IOA License No. 7799. Our produce is sold here online, at local farmers markets and from host shops around the Duhallow region.
Traceability - All our meat is completely traceable back to birth.
Grass Fed & Finished - It takes longer but produces tastier beef and lamb with a healthier Omega 3 and Omega 6 profile.
Dry Aged - Our target is 30 days for beef and 10 days for lamb, to produce tastier, more tender meat.
- We grow Dexter and other traditional breeds because they are well suited to the terrain and climate in the south of Ireland
The Irish Moiled
- is an ancient native Irish breed that thrives on a wide variety of plants. This variety of forage and it's slow growth gives its meat a marvelous marbling and great depth of flavour.
- We have a small number of traditional breeds who are reared outside, feed on grass and 100% organic grains.
- We have almost 300 hens, mostly Rhode Island Reds and they love being outside, scratching around in the earth for worms and pulling on grass and herbs.
- This herbage is what gives their egg yolks such a marvellous yellow colour and delicious taste. They also eat 100% organic grain.